Saturday, May 2, 2009

not much of anything


I feel like I failed at Jacquie's Spring to Finish challenge.  I was going to finish so many projects and it just didn't happen.  There were a few small successes.  This one, which I realized I've never shown the back of, and another t-shirt quilt, and the Fussy Quilt top.  The Fussy Quilt will be quilted by someone else, due to the thickness of the fabric, but it's still a finish for me because I can say "I'm done with it".  That's 3 entries......do my Spring Chicks count?

This quilt has taken a turn.  My husband says I like to take out stitches more than I like to sew.  Maybe.  The bright yellow had to go.  It was replaced with some Heather Ross.  I have 6 blocks done, now all different sizes, and I'm stuck.  Should I frame them with an ecru muslin or grey organic kona cotton?  Will it be a square or more of a thick rectangle?  

Tonight is a big night.  My girlfriends from high school are starting a craft group.  There will be food, fabric, and some scrapping.  I'm thinking it's the perfect opportunity to start a new quilt.  

No comments: