Monday, March 9, 2009

project improv block

I'm sending off my block in tomorrow's mail to Jacquie at Tallgrass Prairie Studio. It will soon join others and be part of something much bigger. I'm so excited to be part of something so wonderful. Thank you, Jacquie, for the opportunity.
I love these blocks and have made more for my own improv quilt. The color combination makes me happy. Check out the pictures on Jacquie's blog of some of the finished work. Aren't they beautiful?
My project improv quilt will be a nine-square with white sashing. The back will be white with a little independent block and brown binding. It's currently my favorite wip (work in progress) and I've put aside a t-shirt quilt to focus and finish on my "red and aqua".
The quilt along is progressing and Oh, Fransson has posted the next step. Honestly, I'm still undecided on my fabrics. I received all my fabric purchases in the mail and LOVE them ALL. I'm thinking of breaking them up and using them in different projects. I can use some solids as fillers for the quilt along. My thought is that I can create focus on my favorite fabrics by keeping it simple. DECISIONS! I'm horrible under pressure.
My birthday is approaching and my mom bought me a new sewing box. It's actually a jewelry supply box, but I've converted it to my needs. I spend an hour carefully arranging my thread, needles, and other supplies in there. I'm in love. It's perfect. My mom was very generous to let me use it, as my birthday isn't until April! I think she knew it would be pure torture to keep it from me.

Time to rest......hugs.

No comments: