Thursday, March 5, 2009

flower power



This quilt finished at 58"x58", a nice larger lap quilt. The flowers were all hand appliqued and cut from wool. I found the wool at my local craft stores and thrift stores......some were initially pants. It's funny because I made the four detailed squares first, without a clue what they would become. They just looked so fun to make. Later, they asked to be made into a quilt, which I happily did. Of course, the finishing work was done by my "pro" quilter, who owns a long-arm machine. I'm still too coward to free motion quilt something this large.

The "quilt along" will be my first. I am completely committed to trying out my hand at free motion quilting for that project. I'm actually looking forward to it.

4 comments:

Yes, I do hair said...

Looks great! wow you have been so busy :)

Tanya said...

Very impressive!!! I'm sorry you missed the quilt shop yesterday. We chatted two seconds too long.

Tanya said...

Hey, I was just checking out my sister's blog and she said she picked up some wavy Fiskar's fabric shears to help her make her banner. You might check into using your precious Joann's coupons for that.

Two Dogs and a Quilt said...

Love the tonal quality of this quilt. Sorry, I didn't have your email to answer your question for Project Improv. You can visit www.tallgrassprairiestudio.blogspot.com and email Jacquie (look under her profile) for information about where to send your block.

Glad to meet a kindred spirit where fabric buying is concerned!